Friday 12 August 2011

Farmer's Wife Friday week 11

I have just made some of the design boards shown on Lori Holt's blog To see the instructions on how to make them go to this post. And I'm using one of them to show you my block Prairie Queen. I have made two small changes to the construction of the mini design boards:
1. Her tutorial calls for foam board which is hard to get and expensive so I used some free mount borad which I got from a local framer and for that reason I also reduced the binding to 2" as the sandwich is thinner; and
2. I am not an expert with a glue gun, so I just used fabric glue and popped it under my cutting mat when finished to dry.


70 Prairie Queen




34 Flock



I think both of these blocks have turned out well with good contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment